Cooling down with hot guacamole…. Bought guacamole can be a lacklustre experience, whereas I’ll accept shop bought hummus (my own is better if available) I really can’t stick shop bought guacamole.
The slightest tinge of grey from the avocado really turns me off so only fresh will do. Finding avocados just how I like them is another minefield but makes eating them all the more satisfying when a perfect one opens up.
- 1 mushed avocado that’s soft but not bruised or overripe
- 1 chopped tomato (preferably a flavoursome plum one)
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 spoon of something to hot things up. Today that’s The Delicatessen Sweet Chilli Jelly found in Tesco.
What’s your twist on guacamole?
Leave a Reply